Saturday, December 22, 2012

Soft Serve Pumpkin Ice Cream - Sugar Free


I love pumpkin...if you haven't noticed yet.  ;-)

Even though it is so cold outside, I was still craving ice cream.  My husband and kids can't have dairy so I was wondering what I could do to satisfy my ice cream craving.  I rummaged the pantry and decided on pumpkin ice cream.  And best of all, it's sugar free.  

 

 

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup Lite Coconut Milk (in the can)

  • 15 oz pumpkin puree

  • 1 packet stevia

  • 1 tsp ground cinnnamon

  • 1/4 tsp ground ginger

  • 1 tsp vanilla (alcohol free)

  • 4 cups ice

  • Maple flavored agave nectar

 

Directions:

Put all ingredients in the Vitamix in the order listed.  On variable speed, turn on the blade and go from 1 to 10 very quickly.  Use the tamper to work all the ingredients down and blend for about 90 seconds.  Don't blend longer than that or it starts to melt.  Serve immediately. If you wait very long it gets very soft like my picture, but it still tastes amazing!  I top with just a tiny bit of maple agave nectar.

 

I love that agave nectar is coming in so many flavors now!  I even bought blueberry to put on top of berry cobbler.  Can't wait to try that.



No comments:

Post a Comment