Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Sexy Spicy Salsa

One of my favorite times of year is Salsa Season! 

Check out the recipe below for Sexy Spicy Salsa...



With the abundance of fresh tomatoes and a variety of peppers at the local farmers market it was easy to get excited for salsa season. I chatted with the farmers and picked up the yummiest & freshest ingredients and got to work! 


I have found that if I blend each ingredient by itself (tomatoes, onion) or at least in smaller bunches it works best.  When I tried to blend it all together, I was left with large chunks that were missed, or overly pureed veggies.




Ingredients
  • 4 cups tomatoes
  • 4 cups bell peppers
  • 3 hot peppers (I used jalapenos)
  • 2 cups onion
  • 1 bunch cilantro
  • 1 small can tomato paste
  • Salt, pepper, dried oregano, and garlic powder to taste

Directions
Blend as many tomatoes as you need to get to the 4 cups, then move to a large bowl, do the same with the peppers and onion. Chop the cilantro and stir it into the salsa with the tomato paste and seasonings.

Who doesn’t want a delicious guacamole to go with fresh salsa? Come back next week for a Groovy Guacamole recipe.

 xoxo,

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment